The behavior of how the volumes are reused depends on volume selector configuration.
That means that a determined volume can be used by any pipeline of your account.
That means that a determined PV can be used only by a specific pipeline.
For approach codefresh-app,io.codefresh.accountName:
- Benefit: less PVs --> lower cost (since any PV can be used by any pipeline, then, the cluster would need to keep less PVs in its pool of PVs for Codefresh)
- Downside: since the PV can be used by any pipeline, then, the PVs could have assets and info from different pipelines, thus reducing the probability of cache,
For approach codefresh-app,io.codefresh.accountName,pipeline_id:
- Benefit: more probability of cache (no "spam" from other pipelines)
- Downside: more PVs to keep (higher cost)
How-to change the reuseVolumeSelector in your Runtime Environment
To make the changes in your Runtime Environment, you will need to use the Codefresh CLI.
1. Get your Runtime Environment:
codefresh get re <name> -o yaml > spec.yaml
2. Modify the reuseVolumeSelector in the the downloaded file, in the example below we change it to per-pipeline mode:
3. Patch your RE using the following CLI command:
codefresh patch re -f spec.yaml